Sample Collection Kit Resources
Proper sample collection is always essential in order to ensure quality test results. On this page, you will find all of the information needed to ensure ideal sample collection protocol. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or suggestions on the process.
EGFR Plasma Assay Collection Kit
- Complete Requisition Form.
- Label all specimen containers with required patient information.
- Collect blood into 2 EDTA Tubes (approx. 1 OmL each tube).
- Collect Plasma process: (collection must be performed within 4-6 hours of blood collection)
a. Centrifuge EDTA Tubes (2) for 20 minutes at 1800 x g.
b. Transfer upper phase to the Plasma Collection Tube (See diagram).
c. Seal the Tube with cap when collection is complete.
- Once plasma is collected, place sealed Plasma Collection Tube into Biohazard Bag in the smaller pouch with the absorbent pad and seal.
- Place Requisition Form into the larger pouch of the Biohazard Bag and seal.
- Place 1 frozen ice pack inside styrofoam box.
- Place Biohazard Bag into styrofoam box on top of ice pack.
- Place second frozen ice pack (1) on top of the Biohazard Bag.
- Place the lid of the styrofoam box on top of the box.
- Close Collection Kit Box and place box in FedEx Pak.
- Seal FedEx Pak, place FedEx return label on FedEx Pak, and ship.